The remarkable efforts of nurses in St. Louis often go unnoticed. They consistently exhibit selfless care, compassion, and service. St. Louis Magazine would like to acknowledge and recognize the excellent nurses at our schools, hospitals, nurseries, colleges, and clinics. To honor these dedicated nurses, St. Louis Magazine will host its eighth annual Excellence in Nursing Awards reception on Wednesday, April 19, at The Chase Park Plaza.
Last fall, we put out a call for nominations and received more than 200 submissions. While all of the nominees had outstanding backgrounds in their field, the judges carefully narrowed the list to 64 exceptional finalists in 19 categories. Our 2017 selection committee included:
- Nina Bakke, executive director of the Missouri League for Nursing
- Ann Cary, dean of the University of Missouri–Kansas City's School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Patricia Davidson, dean of Johns Hopkins University's School of Nursing
- Karen Drenkard, chief clinical and nursing officer of the Get Well Network
- Shirley Farrah, assistant dean of the University of Missouri's Sinclair School of Nursing
- Debra Harrison, chief nursing officer emeritus of Mayo Clinic in Florida
- Phyllis Arn Zimmer, president of the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation
On April 19, join St. Louis Magazine at The Chase Park Plaza as we honor the heart of health care at a reception for these altruistic men and women. Cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and a three-course dinner will be featured at the event, prior to an awards presentation in which each finalist will be recognized and the overall winner in each category will be announced. Individual tickets for the reception are $100, and tables of 10 are also available. Purchase tickets online or call 314.918.3055.
Purchase tickets to the Excellence in Nursing Awards reception online or call 314.918.3055.