LIKE ST. LOUIS MAGAZINE

Bookmark and Share Email this page Email Print this page Print

As the quality level of St. Louis' restaurant ratchets up, the harder it is to put together our biennial list of the best restaurants in St. Louis. After reading the "50 Restaurants in St. Louis Plus the Restaurant of the Year" feature in the October issue of SLM, we want to know who you think deserves the title of the readers' choice best restaurant in St. Louis! Every Monday starting September 24, pick your favorites in each price point (based on the price of the average entree), then on the final week, vote for your ultimate favorite from the winning restaurants.

SCHEDULE
Starting September 24: $ On a Budget ($10 or less)
Starting October 1: $$ On a First Date ($11–$17)
Starting October 9: $$$ On a Third Date ($18–$24)
Starting October 15: $$$$ On a Special Occasion ($25 or more)
Starting October 22: Restaurant Showdown

WINNERS:
$ On a Budget: The Fountain on Locust
$$ On a First Date: Vino Nadoz
$$$ On a Third Date: Riverbend Restaurant & Bar
$$$$: On a Special Occasion: Stone Soup Cottage

Overall Winner: Riverbend Restaurant & Bar

Voting is now complete. Thanks for your participation!

When posting, please be respectful. Avoid profanity, offensive content, and/or sales pitches. stlmag.com reserves the right to remove or reprint any comments or to contact you if necessary.

Old to new | New to old
Sep 29, 2012 05:21 pm
 Posted by  Van

It's the "where everybody knows your name.". Cheers!

Oct 1, 2012 01:51 pm
 Posted by  Imnotjustcards

Awesome Place that has been able to brand itself, stay humble, duplicate in various locations while maintaining unbelievable quality of food and atmosphere. A+ all around hands down and a given for a referral by me to anyone who needs a night or day out....great for business or for breaking the ice for any kind of occasion - especially fun for date night, blind date, or night out with friends.

Oct 1, 2012 09:39 pm
 Posted by  Swishy2012

Fun first, second, and third place for a date

Oct 1, 2012 10:34 pm
 Posted by  pointdink

Vino Nadoz is the place to be, great new Chef in Chris DiMercurio. Awsome affordable menu, place to be seen, excellent value for money. The champ is here, the champ is here. nouf said.

Oct 11, 2012 04:22 pm
 Posted by  foodguystl

Food to me is memories, and some of my fondest memories were made in the Deep South Gulf Coast area. That great southern pride and amazing Cajun/Creole cooking. Now I find myself craving that food and hospitality. I have searched all over the Lou to satisfy my crave and now the search is over. Thanks to a St. Louis hometown girl Pat Kogo for wanting to come home and bringing her husband Sam with her to ultimately open the BEST and my favorite restaurant in St. Louis, Riverbend Restaurant and Bar. After many years in the restaurant business in New Orleans, Sam is offering the most incredible authentic Cajun/Creole fare in St Louis. Although the menu isn't large the flavors in every dish is huge. I would suggest to start with the crawfish corn bisque and/or a cup of the world famous seafood jumbo. A must have is the crab meat stuffed shrimp (ask for xtra bread to sop up the goodness)! Two entrees call to me everytime the first is my go to, the Shrimp and Crawfish Étouffée. The dark roux, holy trinity combination served with a scoop of rice, loaded with sweet plump shrimp an crawfish. The other and my wife's favorite, the Shrimp Creole. A Creole spicy tomato sauce with chunks of tomato, onions and bell peppers. Again served with a scoop of rice and loaded with shrimp.
I promise you this you go once you'll go back again and again. Don't forget to try my other faves red beans and rice with smoked sausage, crab stuffed mushrooms, and of course jambalaya. Go to www.riverbendbar.com and subscribe for email specials like my favorite New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp! I won't even explain it you have to go and try it!
I hope Sam and Pat Kogo and all their staff at Riverbend Restaurant and Bar take the win in the Best Restaurant SHOWDOWN. They certainly deserve the honor.
Good Luck Riverbend!
@foodguystl

Oct 22, 2012 09:02 pm
 Posted by  Valuelife

River end Restaurant is my. Favorite place to eat.

Oct 28, 2012 06:39 am
 Posted by  Laine

The Fountain is my absolute favorite - I love that they have no high fructose corn syrup or nasty fillers in their foods, and that they use local ingredients. The homemade soups are awesome. I have to be gluten-free and if the soup that day is over pasta, they are happy to leave out the pasta, so I can enjoy the soup. The salads are great and the ice cream -- WOW! Besides the fantastic food and fun atmosphere, The Fountain is really about pleasing its customers. The servers are great and they bend over backward to make everything right. Also, because their food is not full of additives, I can eat there, enjoy a fabulous sundae for dessert, and not gain weight the next morning. Extra points for that! I only wish they would open another one in Wildwood. It's a long drive, but definitely worth it.

Oct 28, 2012 01:15 pm
 Posted by  stlpackerfan

The Fountain on Locust is not only my favorite -it is truly an
> original - ONLY in ST LOUIS!!