1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 3
There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them. ~Sylvia Plath
With the right elements even the smallest of bathrooms can become tranquil retreats. Here's how I transformed mine from dark and dull to a restful oasis for one:
1. Icy blue walls and fresh white tile paint give cool airiness to this small space. Painting horizontal stripes on old linoleum visually widens the room and adds a modern perspective.
2. This smiling stone Buddha and gorgeous 200-year-old vase from China were flea market finds. (Gotta love the Gypsy Caravan!) Many believe that if a laughing Buddha is in your home, paths toward inner peace become easy.
3. The skin-loving ingredients in these handmade soaps are a nourishing essential to the bath. Mix oatmeal, brown sugar, and a hint of vanilla to glycerin for a sweet-smelling soap that is not only an exfoliate, but also an antioxidant.
4. The exotic and graceful orchid brings life to any room. It represents love, luxury, beauty, and strength.
5. Frame a graphic yet gentle reminder for the little ones or even a favorite quote for yourself. Improve your mood with the glow of a candle and a soft scent. I can't get enough of Anthropologie's Capri Blue or Trapp's No. 28 Bamboo Sugar Cane.
6. What do you do if you're short on cabinet space? Add a pretty shoe holder to the back of the door and stock it with soothing bath essentials. Organization always brings tranquility.
Try some of these tips to create your own blissful retreat, relax and enjoy...
By Trenna Travis, Trenna Travis Design Studio