LIKE ST. LOUIS MAGAZINE

Bookmark and Share Email this page Email Print this page Print

stlmag.com's St. Louis Breakfast of Champions Bracket

Congratulations to stlmag.com's Breakfast of Champions Bracket winner Jilly's Cupcake Bar & Café!

If breakfast is the most important meal of the day, shouldn't it also be the most delicious? St. Louis is full of great breakfast joints, and, after breaking them down in the "Best Breakfasts" feature of St. Louis Magazine's December issue, we want to know your favorites in stlmag.com's Breakfast of Champions bracket! This week, vote for your favorite from the final two breakfast joints, then come back next week to see who will be crowned the breakfast champion! Check out the bracket below, then scroll down to vote for your favorite from each pairing!

• First-Round picks begin on November 21
  • Second-Round picks begin on November 28
  • Third-Round picks begin on December 5
  • Fourth-Round picks begin on December 12
  • Fifth-Round picks begin on December 19
  • Winner announced on December 27
St. Louis Breakfast of Champions Bracket

Thank you for your participation. The poll is now closed and the winner is announced towards the top of this page.

When posting, please be respectful. Avoid profanity, offensive content, and/or sales pitches. stlmag.com reserves the right to remove or reprint any comments or to contact you if necessary.

Old to new | New to old

local harvest
rooster
brasserie
provinces
vin de set
jilly's cupcake bar
the restaurant at the ritz

Nov 22, 2011 10:36 am
 Posted by  brkfstanytime

Russell's Cafe = one of St. Louis's hidden treasures. Get yourself to Fenton and visit Russell, you won't be disappointed!

Nov 28, 2011 11:51 am
 Posted by  kujayhawkgirl

I am still shaking my head Spencer's Grill was never in the running ...

Nov 28, 2011 12:08 pm
 Posted by  alexiswk

WOW! So many great places!! This one is super tough cuz I love Uncle Bill's and Chris' but I can't tell you the last time I went to Uncle Bills during normal breakfast hours! It's more of a forth-meal kinda place for me (which doesn't happen as often as it used to since I've gotten older - LOL!)

Nov 28, 2011 01:18 pm
 Posted by  ptotheb

This bracket lost all legitimacy when Half and Half was eliminated in the 1st round. If voters put aside any biases and tried everything on the list, Half and Half would defeat Roosters in the finals. Fact.

Nov 28, 2011 02:30 pm
 Posted by  25years

Jilly's is a unique breakfast buffet. Yesterday I enjoyed spinach artichoke eggs benedict. Where else can you find this delicacy? Also the biscuits and gravy are not your grandmother's version. It is affordable, delicious, and contemporary!

Nov 30, 2011 12:16 pm
 Posted by  Pancakesnob

The Original Pancake House is THE best food for breakfast, period. I've tried pancakes all over St. Louis and they by far have the best. Their omelets and bacon are unbelievable. As a bonus, they also have gluten free pancakes so my son who has Celiac Disease, can eat with the rest of the family. Its the only place I know serving gluten free pancakes.

Dec 1, 2011 09:47 am
 Posted by  Stephen B

Russells creates an environment of pleasure, from the aroma when you walk in,to the smiles on thier faces when your greeted.
It doesnt matter if your having a meal or some of there fantastic deserts,they exceed
all expectations. Cant get enough. ST.Louis needed Russels Cafe & Bakery!

Dec 1, 2011 12:03 pm
 Posted by  goodenuf2

OK, George, is there a reason why Duff's Restaurant did not get mentioned? Around for so long and I guess you have never had brunch there..But I was surprised when the amazing Eggs Benedict with the choron sauce and the pumpkin pancakes were passed up, not to mention their amazing omelets, which I personally recommend! All homemade...and a landmark, Shame on you, goodenuf2

Dec 7, 2011 06:51 am
 Posted by  Bud4you

George, I hear you talking about St. Louis restaurants on the Glover Show. I know you like unique and quality places. For the city folks, Russell's may seem like a journey, but the trip is worth the effort. I suggest that you give Russell's Cafe & Bakery in Fenton a try sometime. I like the Gooey Butter and hot coffee for breakfast ... I know you will be pleasantly surprized. Can you make the trip to Fenton?

Comments, page 1 of 2 1 2 Next »